firstname.lastname@example.org | gloriaetrin.wordpress.com
Seeking a full-time position in marketing, public relations, media communications or related field. Skills include:
- Experienced with marketing research sites including Market Track and Path to Purchase
- Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Premier Pro)
- Advanced bilingual communicator, written and spoken Spanish
University of Georgia, Grady College of Journalism & Mass Communications
UGA Cannes Lions Study Abroad Program
University of Arkansas, J. William Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences
Bachelor of Arts in Journalism
- Concentration: Advertising and Public Relations
- Minors: Marketing, Management, Spanish
- Expected May 2013
- GPA: 3.6
“Bridging the Gap” 2012 National Conference
Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA)
San Francisco, October 2012
“Shining the Light on 40 Years of Latino Leadership” 2012 National Conference
Association of Latino Professionals (ALPFA)
Las Vegas, August 2012
Mitchell Communications Group, Fayetteville, Arkansas
Big Break Intern, March 2013
- Selected to participate in a weeklong, high bred and intensive program with real client facing & business application.
- Represented a regional children’s shelter by preparing a yearlong communications proposal.
- Worked as part of a team in a fast-paced environment to present recommendations to the client.
Clients include: Walmart, Hilton Hotels, Procter & Gamble, Tyson Foods, J.B. Hunt
Collective Bias, Bentonville, Arkansas
Account Services Intern, January 2013-Current
- Assisted account services team by preparing weekly and final reports for several clients.
- Updated Blogger aggregator & channel sites with new blogger content.
- Supported with additional duties such as writing thank-you notes, purchasing gift cards, and mailing documents.
Clients include: Tyson Foods, Disney, Heinz, Del Monte, Nestle
UA Center for Multicultural and Diversity Education, Fayetteville, Arkansas
Student Ambassador, August 2010-Current
- Interviewed students and produced a promo video to be used for upcoming recruitment events.
- Designed flyers, brochures, display boards and other marketing tools to promote event awareness.
- Worked under the direction of the Vice Provost for Diversity to publish the first edition of the Diversity Affairs newsletter.
MARS Advertising, Bentonville, Arkansas
Client Service Intern, June 2012-November 2012
- Assisted channel team by providing assistance to CPG clients and supporting with a variety of business deliverables.
- Provided research and insights on previous shopper marketing campaigns for Campbell’s and Pepperidge Farm client.
- Developed a vendor distribution list used to support clients with various strategic planning efforts.
Clients include: Walmart, Campbell’s, Pfizer, Coca-Cola Company, Pepperidge Farm
Fayetteville Visitors Bureau, Fayetteville, Arkansas
Public Relations Intern, January 2012-May 2012
- Drafted press releases and articles pertaining to events in Fayetteville.
- Planned weekly meetings with a non-profit organization to assist with marketing & PR for a local project.
- Implemented a PR plan for PIGShibition, a community project to increase awareness of literacy issues.
- Advertising Club, Vice President, August 2012-Current
- Public Relations Student Society of America, PR Firm Director, August 2012-Current
- Association of Latino Professionals, Newsletter Editor, August 2011-Current
- UA Razorback Yearbook, Writer, August 2010-May 2011
Awards & Honors
- Who’s Who in American Colleges & Universities- University of Arkansas 2013
- Wellgates Scholar Program 2012
- Arkansas College Media Association 2nd Place Yearbook Organization Writing Award 2012
- Mortar Board National College Honor Society
- Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society
- Chancellor’s & Dean’s Lists